- Borough Administrator
The Borough Administrator is appointed by the Mayor with the advice and consent of the Borough Council. The basic function of the Administrator is to direct and supervise the administration of all departments, offices and agencies of the Borough, except as otherwise provided by law. The Administrator is responsible to the Mayor and Council for carrying out all policies established by it and serves as liaison between the Mayor and Council and the Borough’s departments and agencies.
The Administrator is the chief administrative official of the Borough and is responsible, among other responsibilities, for the following:
- Appoints and promotes subordinate Borough officers, except as otherwise provided by law
- Negotiates contracts for the Borough as authorized and directed by and subject to the approval of the governing body
- Oversees a proper purchasing system, approves all requests for goods and services to be purchased by the Borough, and approves all bills and vouchers for payment prior to final approval by the governing body
- Receives and deals with requests for, and complaints about, Borough services that cannot be dealt with by the operating departments and agencies
- Supervises the preparation of and recommends annually to the Mayor and Council an operating budget, a capital budget, and a five-year capital plan
Citizen Request Form
This office deals with requests for, and complaints about municipal services and programs. Residents may complete a Online Citizens Request Form to submit a formal complaint about any municipal service or program, or to inform the Borough about the need for improvements in their neighborhood area, such as road or sidewalk repairs, street lighting, litter, etc.