TENAFLY SENIOR CENTER
A Municipal Senior Center
20 South Summit Street
Tenafly, N.J. 07670
Monday through Friday
9:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M.
Fax: 201 – 569-8897
Michele Hausch, Senior Center Manager
Patricia Ramella, Assistant to the Manager
*** The Tenafly Senior Center is offering Zoom classes and other activities to keep our seniors involved and engaged during these troubled times. Please contact the Tenafly Senior Center at 201-569-2159 for details on all of our activities, and to get added to our email mailing list. Below is our January, February and March Events that includes our schedule. If you need any other assistance please feel free to contact us at the center – we will do our best to accommodate your needs. Thank you! Stay safe and healthy!!
The Tenafly Senior Center serves members from Tenafly and all of Bergen County. We offer over 18 exercise classes each week. As of September 2019, we now offer Thursday Evening classes. We also offer 5 art classes each week. The Tenafly Senior Center is a special place where you can get fit and/or socialize Monday through Friday. Stop in anytime!
Some of the exercise classes offered: Standing Pilates, Chair Yoga, Meditation, Zumba Gold, Senior Fit, Weight Training, Senior Stretch, Tai Chi, Qigong, Cardio Lite, Exercise w/Susan, Stretch and Tone Classes.
- Dance classes: Line Dancing, Folk Dancing, Beginning Tap and Advanced Tap
- Art Classes: Chinese Brush Stroke, Watercolor, Acrylic, Drawing and free art studio time
- Language classes for Italian and Spanish - Spanish is available Thursday Evenings also
- Bridge, Canasta, two mahjong classes with American and Chinese tiles
- Knitting, craft classes & discussion groups
- Volunteer opportunities with our Hearts and Hands Group - making puppets for pediatric patients
- Monthly luncheons
- Monthly speakers and Workshops
- Center Movies
- Evening Classes - Thursday night exercise or Beginning Spanish
- Book Club
- Day trips
- Overnight trips
- Monthly Birthday Celebrations for members
The Center offers conversational English as a Second Language class and welcomes new students and volunteer tutors.
Weekly trips to Shoprite in Englewood with other Tenafly seniors can be arranged through the Bergen County Special Transportation (201) 368-5955.
Your Input - We invite suggestions for topics, for speakers and new classes. Your input is valued. Please feel free to contact us with your suggestions at:
(201) 569-2159 or
FOR TENAFLY SENIOR RESIDENTS ONLY-
TENAFLY SENIOR BUS - Call 201-408-3625 for Details
SENIOR SERVICES COORDINATOR - Parween Quraishi is the Borough's Senior Services Coordinator. She is available for individual counseling, socialization and psychoeducational groups and family meetings by appointment only. She will also do home visits upon request. To schedule an appointment call her at 201-741-0419. Her hours are from 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
Listing files in 'Senior Center'