Tenafly Borough Hall, 100 Riveredge Road, Tenafly, NJ 07670    201-568-6100    HOURS: Mon-Fri 8:30am - 4:30pm


Office of the Borough Administrator

201-568-6100, Ext. 5502

The Office of the Borough Administrator is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., excluding holidays. This office also includes the Office of the Planning Board.

Valerie NicolosiAssistant to the Administrator/MLUL Officer

Christine Attanasio, Administrative Assistant

The Borough Administrator is appointed by the Mayor with the advice and consent of the Borough Council. The basic function of the Administrator is to direct and supervise the administration of all departments, offices and agencies of the Borough, except as otherwise provided by law. The Administrator is responsible to the Mayor and Council for carrying out all policies established by it and serves as liaison between the Mayor and Council and the Borough's departments and agencies. Borough of Tenafly Organization Chart

The Administrator is the chief administrative official of the Borough and is responsible, among other responsibilities, for the following:

Supervises the preparation of and recommends annually to the Mayor and Council an operating budget, a capital budget, and a five-year capital plan.

Receives and deals with requests for, and complaints about, Borough services that cannot be dealt with by the operating departments and agencies.

Appoints and promotes subordinate Borough officers, except as otherwise provided by law.

Negotiates contracts for the Borough as authorized and directed by and subject to the approval of the governing body.

Oversees a proper purchasing system, approves all requests for goods and services to be purchased by the Borough, and approves all bills and vouchers for payment prior to final approval by the governing body.

Listing files in 'Administration'


Citizen Request Form

This office deals with requests for, and complaints about municipal services and programs. Residents may complete a Online Citizens Request Form to submit a formal complaint about any municipal service or program, or to inform the Borough about the need for improvements in their neighborhood area, such as road or sidewalk repairs, street lighting, litter, etc.

Additional Links: