TEMPORARY P/T COUNSELORS - Tenafly Youth Center. The Center hosts after school co-ed social-recreational programs for the Borough’s middle school to high school aged residents. The candidates must be willing to work a 25-29 hour flexible work week. The schedule of work hours includes afternoons, nights, and weekends. Salary range is $10.00 - $20.00 per hour based on experience. A recreational or educational degree is preferred, but not required. Computer skills are a plus. Applications can be accessed here. Submit cover letter and resume to the Deputy Clerk, 100 Riveredge Road, Tenafly, NJ 07670, or via e-mail to email@example.com by November 30, 2019. The Borough reserves the right to interview candidates prior to the deadline. E.O.E./A.D.A.
TEMPORARY P/T ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – Borough Clerk's Office. Temporary P/T clerical position for 12 weeks starting January 6, 2020 in a busy municipal office with extensive public contact. Successful candidate must have related employment experience, computer skills, and ability to organize and manage multiple tasks. Proficiency in Microsoft office Word and Excel, as well as the ability to maintain confidentiality is essential. Must be able to deal with the public in a professional manner and have strong customer service skills. Position involves receipting payments, issuing permits, and interfacing with public in person and via phone. Hours are Monday – Friday, 12:00pm to 4:30pm. For an application click here. Salary is $16.00/hr. Send employment application, resume, and cover letter to Annmarie Schryver, Executive Assistant to the Borough Clerk, 100 Riveredge Road, Tenafly, NJ 07670 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is December 2, 2019. The Borough reserves the right to interview candidates prior to the deadline. E.O.E./A.D.A.
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS:
- DRIVER/LABORER, DPW, TENAFLY. F/T, H.S. Grad. Must have Class “B” CDL (Class “A” preferred) and experience in all phases of DPW work. This position is for the Recycling Center which requires working Saturdays and Sundays. This position is subject to random drug testing. Starting annual salary is $38,113.
Applications available for download here. Submit to Lissette Aportela, Borough Administrator/Borough Clerk, Borough of Tenafly, 100 Riveredge Rd, Tenafly NJ 07670 by 11/29/19. The Borough reserves the right to review resumes and conduct interviews as applications are received. EOE
- PART TIME LEAF COLLECTION – Public Works Department– Through December 31, 2019 – Monday - Friday, 7:00 am – 3:00 pm - $15/hr. Applications available for download here. Submit to Lissette Aportela, Borough Administrator/Borough Clerk, Borough of Tenafly, 100 Riveredge Rd, Tenafly NJ 07670 by Friday, November 29, 2019 . The Borough reserves the right to review resumes and conduct interviews as applications are received. EOE.
- CUSTODIAN - P/T - The Custodian will be responsible for the cleaning and maintenance of Borough buildings. The ideal candidate will have hands on experience performing building maintenance, cleaning, floor maintenance, grounds maintenance, snow removal, carpentry, painting, lighting, emergency calls. Must possess a valid NJ driver’s license. Applications are available here and are due by 11/29/19.
- BUS DRIVER -TENAFLY BOROUGH (Bergen County) has an opening for a part-time bus driver for a senior citizen minibus transportation program. All Bergen County trips originate in Tenafly by schedule. Applicants must possess a CDL Class B with a passenger endorsement, related experience, and demonstrate excellent customer service skills. Minimum 4 hours per workday, M-F at $17.00 per hour, no benefits. Submit cover letter and resume to Borough Clerk, Borough of Tenafly, 100 Riveredge Road, Tenafly, NJ 07670 or forward to: email@example.com. EOE.
- SUBSTITUTE SCHOOL CROSSING GUARD - The Tenafly Police Department is accepting applications for a substitute school crossing guard. The essential functions of a crossing guard can be found here. Interested candidates are required to complete an employment application, which can be found on this link and submit it to the Tenafly Police Department.