Tenafly Borough Hall, 100 Riveredge Road, Tenafly, NJ 07670 201-568-6100 HOURS: Mon-Fri 8:30am - 4:30pm
- DIRECTOR - The Borough of Tenafly (Bergen County) is seeking a full-time director who will coordinates the planning, organizing, and conducting social, recreational and educational programs for a senior community center. Professional experience with older adults required. Bachelor’s Degree required. The job requires a combination of people skills, event planning, and office management experience in budgeting, recordkeeping, purchasing, and filing. Strong computer, writing, verbal, and customer service skills are necessary. CPR/AED certification is a plus. Salary depends on experience. Candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, resume, and 3-year salary history to: Lissette Aportela, Borough Administrator/Borough Clerk, 100 Riveredge Road, Tenafly, NJ 07670 or firstname.lastname@example.org The deadline for accepting applications is: March 29, 2019. Tenafly is an EOE.
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS:
- DIRECTOR - Department functions include: Streets and Roads; Sewers; Recycling; Shade Trees; Parks and Field Maintenance; Facilities Management; Vehicle Maintenance; and Stormwater Management. The Director supervises a staff of 40 employees, plus seasonal laborers. This is a vital management position requiring supervisory experience in all the above areas, as well as administering a budget of approximately $5 million. Successful applicants must have at least six (6) years municipal or county government experience with planning, organizing, budgeting, implementation of capital projects, purchasing, interacting with labor unions, human resources, and being part of the administrative management team. Attention to detail, hands-on work style, strong work ethic, horticultural experience and customer service skills are critical. A college degree is required as well as the CPWM certification at time of application. Recycling Coordinator Certification, Clean Communities Certification and Sustainable NJ experience are also required. Arborist Certification and Licensed Pesticide Applicator desired. This position entails strong leadership skills, staff supervision, project management, communication skills (oral and written), attendance at meetings as assigned by the Borough Administrator (including, but not limited to the DPW Committee, as well as Mayor and Council meetings), and commitment to customer satisfaction, which are all mandatory. Salary is negotiable depending on qualifications. Candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, resume, and 3-year salary history to: Lissette Aportela, Borough Administrator/Borough Clerk, 100 Riveredge Road, Tenafly, NJ 07670 or email@example.com The deadline for accepting applications is: April 15, 2019. Tenafly is an EOE.
- DRIVER/LABORER, DPW, TENAFLY. F/T, H.S. Grad. Must have Class “B” CDL (Class “A” preferred) and experience in all phases of DPW work. Responsibilities include but are not limited to recycling, road maintenance, sewers, manual labor, buildings & grounds, vehicle maintenance, snow plowing and some mandatory overtime. Mechanic experience preferred. This position is subject to random drug testing.
Hours 7:00 am – 3:00 pm, M-F, 35 hour work week. Must be available for weekend standby and on call for emergencies. Starting annual salary is $38,113.
Applications available for download here. Submit to Lissette Aportela, Borough Administrator/Borough Clerk, Borough of Tenafly, 100 Riveredge Rd, Tenafly NJ 07670 by 4/15/19. The Borough reserves the right to review resumes and conduct interviews as applications are received. EOE
- PART-TIME SUMMER SEASONAL LABORER, DPW - Duties to include but are not limited to recycling, road maintenance, parks maintenance, landscaping, sewers, manual labor, buildings & grounds. Available to begin 4/1/19 or after. Hours 7:00 am – 3:00 pm, M-F, P/T, 35 hour work week. Salary $12. per hour, no benefits. Applications available for download on Borough Website, www.tenaflynj.org. Submit to Lissette Aportela, Borough Administrator/Borough Clerk, Borough of Tenafly, 100 Riveredge Rd, Tenafly NJ 07670. The Borough reserves the right to review resumes and conduct interviews as applications are received. EOE.
- CUSTODIAN - P/T - The Custodian will be responsible for the cleaning and maintenance of Borough buildings. The ideal candidate will have hands on experience performing building maintenance, cleaning, floor maintenance, grounds maintenance, snow removal, carpentry, painting, lighting, emergency calls. Must possess a valid NJ driver’s license. Applications are available here and are due by 4/15/19.
- BUS DRIVER -TENAFLY BOROUGH (Bergen County) has an opening for a part-time bus driver for a senior citizen minibus transportation program. All Bergen County trips originate in Tenafly by schedule. Applicants must possess a CDL Class B with a passenger endorsement, related experience, and demonstrate excellent customer service skills. Minimum 4 hours per workday, M-F at $17.00 per hour, no benefits. Submit cover letter and resume to Borough Clerk, Borough of Tenafly, 100 Riveredge Road, Tenafly, NJ 07670 or forward to: firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE.
- SUBSTITUTE SCHOOL CROSSING GUARD - The Tenafly Police Department is accepting applications for a substitute school crossing guard. The essential functions of a crossing guard can be found here. Interested candidates are required to complete an employment application, which can be found on this link and submit it to the Tenafly Police Department.
Copyright © 2019 Borough of Tenafly NJ. All Rights Reserved. Powered by