- Boards & Committees
- Planning Board
- 8 pm
- 4th Wednesday of every month
- Council Chambers
- 8 pm
- 2nd Wednesday of every month
- Council Chambers
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
About the Board
The Planning Board is responsible for the preparation and adoption of the Master Plan, which is the guide for development of the community. It reviews and recommends adoption of all amendments to the Land Development Regulations. They also review all proposed subdivisions of land for compliance with Chapter XXXV, Section VII of the Land Development Regulations, which contains all standards for development of new streets, sewers, and utilities.
The Planning Board is charged under the Land Development Regulations with the responsibility to review all site plans, parking projects and major building projects for proper design and drainage according to standards.
Land Use Law
The Planning Board has additional powers under the Land Use Law. It conducts hearings and may grant certain non-use type variances. There are time limits imposed that can grant certain approvals if the Board fails to act within the specified time:
Site Plans Needing Approval
|Action||Time Limit||Result of Failure to Act|
|Site Plan Review - 10 Acres or less|
|Site Plan Review - more than 10 acres|
|Preliminary Major Subdivision - 10 lots or less|
|Preliminary Major Subdivision - More than 10 lots|
|Site Plan with C Variance|
|Subdivision with C Variance|
Download a Site Plan Application (PDF) or a Major and Minor Subdivision Application (PDF). Applications may also be obtained in the Planning Board Office or may be downloaded from Online Municipal Forms on the website. Planning Board Minutes dating from 1937 to present may be reviewed at any time upon request.
If you have any further questions, please contact Amanda Booth, MLUL Officer, in the Planning Board Office at 201-568-6100, ext. 5502. The hours for the Planning Board office are 9 am to 4 pm on Monday through Friday.
- 01-25-2012 Amendment to Open Space Recreation Plan (PDF)
- 10-23-2018 Housing Element and Fair Share Plan (PDF)
- 12-12-2007 Municipal Stormwater Management Plan (PDF)
- 2023 Open Space and Recreation Plan.pdf
- 2012 Reexamination Report of the 1992 Master Plan (PDF)
- 2013 Land Use Element of the Master Plan and Periodic Reexamination Report of the Master Plan (PDF)
- Planning Board Rules and Regulations (PDF)
- Site Plan Review Application (PDF)
- Subdivision Application (PDF)
- 09-25-2019 Historic Preservation Element Amendment (PDF)