The Tenafly Police Department is scheduled for an on-site assessment as part of its program to achieve accreditation by verifying that it meets recognized professional best practices.
Best Practice Standards
Administered by the New Jersey State Association of Chiefs of Police, the accreditation program requires agencies to comply with best-practice standards in five basic areas
- The Administrative Function
- The Arrestee/Detainee Function
- The Investigative Function
- The Operations Function
- The Personnel Function
- Agency employees and the public are invited to offer comments by calling 201-408-3606 on December 6, 2015, between the hours of 10 am and Noon. Comments will be taken by the Assessment Team. Email comments can also be sent to the police department.
- Telephone comments are limited to 5 minutes and must address the agency’s ability to comply with the NJSACOP standards. A copy of the standards is available for inspection at the Tenafly Police Department
100 Riveredge Road
Tenafly NJ, 07670
Please contact Captain Michael deMoncada at 201-568-5100, ext. 5556 for more information.
- Anyone wishing to submit comments about the Tenafly Police Department’s ability to comply with the standards for accreditation may also send them by email to Harry J Delgado, Accreditation Program Manager, by phone 856-334-8943, or write to the New Jersey State Association of Chief’s of Police, Law Enforcement Accreditation Commission, at;
751 Route 73 N
Marlton, NJ, 08053